Want to explore the Mekong Delta in a fun and exciting way with like-minded travel buddies? Forget the boring package tours, the Mekong Madness Tour is the most adventurous way for backpackers to explore this unique and wonderful part of Vietnam…
Mekong Madness Itinerary
- 06:15 – 6.30 – Nice and early, you’ll meet the rest of the group at around 6:15am on the day of departure at Flipside Walking Street Hostel in time for a morning briefing. We’ll have breakfast together and cover everything you need to know before departing for the bus station (you will pick up our bikes in the Mekong Delta).
- 07:00 – Depart for the bus station.
- 08:00 – Bus to Mekong (Ben Tre).
- 10:30-11:00 – Head out on the motorbikes and begin our exploration of the seemingly endless maze of pathways and Mekong back alleys that you would not otherwise find on your own.
- 13:00 – Delicious local lunch before setting off once again, delving deep into the Mekong countryside where we’ll drive directly through the largest amount of coconut plantations in Vietnam!
Motorbike ferry crossings and countless bridge crossings. A truly awesome day!
- 16:00-16:30 – We’ll arrive at our comfy homestay in time for an amazing sunset! Option to swim in the pool, relax, take a walk, drink ice cold beers and play pool. They also have a Spa!
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included.
- 07:00 – Another early start for breakfast before taking a traditional longboat up the Mighty Mekong and seeing some local markets, outstanding sights, and also a short paddle boat through some smaller river ways and local farmers backyards!
- 09:30 – Head out once again on the scooters, taking an alternative route back to Ben Tre city.
- 13:00 – Another yummy local lunch before taking the bikes through the lush plantations of locally grown palms and fruit orchids.
- 16:00-16:30 – We’ll arrive back at our base in Ben Tre. Drop off our trusty steeds, have a couple of local beers and jump back on the bus.
- 19:00-19:30 – Arrive back at Flipside Hostel just in time for happy hour! Ask your guide for special food and drink deals we can do for you as our new-found Mekong Madness mates!
Breakfast and Lunch Included.
What you need to bring:
- Your passport.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Some extra cash for drinks etc.
- We highly recommend travel insurance that covers motorbike injuries.
- Your camera and an adventurous attitude!
What’s included and what’s not?
Included: All activities as mentioned above, bikes, fuel, English speaking tour leader, food as mentioned, all transfers, ferry fees and accommodation.
Not Included: Drinks and personal expenses, extra snacks, bike repair due to riding failure, travel insurance.