Scuba Diving is on most of “What To Do in Vietnam” lists.
Nha Trang is undoubtedly the country’s capital of diving and the place where many travellers choose to get their first diving qualification with a 3-day Open Water Course.
The shallow reefs of beautiful Hon Mun Island are the perfect place for beginners, so the whole of the three-day diving course is done out in the sea from the dive boat.
There’s no spending time in the swimming pool as the sea here has shallow sandy areas, calm waters and perfect “pool-like” conditions! As a result, you get more efficient buoyancy training as well as more fun exploring underwater.
Nha Trang Divers is a small and reputable dive club, the primary focus of the instructional team is to create a safe and competent diver out of the guest. We will use dive SSI total training system and online learning materials to save your valuable trip time.
Getting the Open Water Scuba Diving License in 3 Days.
You will get two training boat dives on each course day with up to sixty minutes ‘in the water’ per dive.
The main focus of the course is to provide you with practical knowledge and application of the scuba diving skills with the special focus on the core diving skill – “neutral buoyancy”. Nha Trang Fun Divers team will happily help you to become a confident and knowledgeable certified diver!
All of three days of the diving course has similar curriculum:
- 7:00 – 7:30 AM – Departure from the dive club or your hotels in central Nha Trang by free shuttle bus.
- 7:40 AM – Our dive boat will leave from the Cau Da Tourist Quay. Along the way, you will receive an appropriate pre-dive briefing as the dive boat sails onward to Mun island.
- 9:00 – 10:30 AM: You will reach your first dive site and learn important lessons whilst getting used to your equipment in the water. After this, you can have fresh fruits back on the boat or refresh yourself with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM: We will take you to the second dive site of the day. Most of the diving spots of Nha Trang are located around the shores Mun Island, so it is only a short boat ride away from the first stop.
- 12:00 – 12:30 PM: Lunchtime! We will enjoy a multi-course Vietnamese lunch, with the option of vegetarian or vegan. The chef will prepare lunch on the boat from the daily choice of fresh groceries, so please let us know should you have any special requests and we will try to take care of it.
- 13:00 – 14:30 PM: We will sail back to the mainland and you will get a shuttle back to the dive club or your hostel.