Home to the sheer limestone cliffs, turquoise waters and longtail boats of Railay Beach, Krabi is a must visit on your Southern Thailand itinerary. And Pak-Up is the place to stay!
Once a school but now transformed into a hostel, Pak-Up Hostel is a modern and vibrant place with its own adult playground (a.k.a. bar) right in the heart of Krabi Town. As soon as you step through the doors of Pak-Up, you will be welcomed by a team of staff who know just what you want (before you even realise!). Pak-Up is the perfect place to call home when you’re visiting Krabi, with its awesome facilities and fun-filled nights.
What makes Pak-Up, Krabi, a Best Hostel?
1. Going Back To School – The hostel is set in an old school building which has been renovated and modernised into a quirky hostel and has retained some of its school elements. Each dorm room is named after a school subject and the beds are individually named corresponding to the subject. There is no excuse to forget your room or which bed is yours and the idea is a throwback to the old school days!
2. Have Some Fun at The Playground Bar – The aptly named bar ‘Playground’ becomes the main social hub each evening and they have a great happy hour offering deals on beers, buckets and cocktails. Each night they host a game for everyone to get stuck into and provide some belly laughs, with the chance to win some free drinks and of course, meet fellow backpackers.
3. Free BBQ – Did someone say free food? You heard right, Pak-Up put on a free BBQ for its guests offering both a meat and a vegetarian option. Both are delicious bites before your evening events and it’s guaranteed to get your night off to a good start.
4. Tours and Activities – You are spoilt for choice with things to do on Krabi. Pak-Up simplifies this by organising tours and activities each day where everyone from the hostel is able to enjoy the sights together. Whether you fancy kayaking in the afternoon ending with a beautiful sunset or a walk up to the beautiful Tiger Cave Temple, there will definitely be something for you get stuck into!
5. Krabi’s Highlights are on Pak-Up’s doorstep – You won’t have to spend much money getting around Krabi as a lot of the area’s highlights are on Pak-Up hostel’s doorstep. Just two minutes down the road are Krabi’s nightly food market and the pier to get a long boat to the stunning Railay beach. It’s also only a five-minute drive to the main pier, giving you access to the other islands or if you have a flight to catch it’s just a 30-minute ride to the airport. Ideal!
Prices: Mixed 10-Bed Dorm (Air Con) from 200 baht/night. Private Room (Air Con) from 750 baht/night.
Address: 87 Utarakit Rd. Paknam Maung Krabi 81000, Thailand.