Updated November 18th, 2017.
Home to the sheer limestone cliffs, turquoise waters and longtail boats of Railay Beach, Krabi is a must visit on your Southern Thailand itinerary. And Pak-Up is the place to stay!
Once a school but now transformed into a hostel, Pak-Up Hostel is a modern and vibrant place with its own adult playground (a.k.a. bar) right in the heart of Krabi Town. As soon as you step through the doors of Pak-Up, you will be welcomed by a team of staff who know just what you want (before you even realise!). Pak-Up is the perfect place to call home when you’re visiting Krabi, with its awesome facilities and fun-filled nights.
What makes Pak-Up, Krabi, a Best Hostel?
1. Going Back To School – The hostel is set in an old school building which has been renovated and modernised into a quirky hostel and has retained some of its school elements. Each dorm room is named after a school subject and the beds are individually named corresponding to the subject. There is no excuse to forget your room or which bed is yours and the idea is a throwback to the old school days!
2. Have Some Fun at The Playground Bar – The aptly named bar ‘Playground’ becomes the main social hub each evening and they have a great happy hour offering deals on beers, buckets and cocktails. Each night they host a game for everyone to get stuck into and provide some belly laughs, with the chance to win some free drinks and of course, meet fellow backpackers.
3. Free BBQ – Did someone say free food? You heard right, Pak-Up put on a free BBQ for its guests offering both a meat and a vegetarian option. Both are delicious bites before your evening events and it’s guaranteed to get your night off to a good start.
4. Tours and Activities – You are spoilt for choice with things to do on Krabi. Pak-Up simplifies this by organising tours and activities each day where everyone from the hostel is able to enjoy the sights together. Whether you fancy kayaking in the afternoon ending with a beautiful sunset or a walk up to the beautiful Tiger Cave Temple, there will definitely be something for you get stuck into!
5. Krabi’s Highlights are on Pak-Up’s doorstep – You won’t have to spend much money getting around Krabi as a lot of the area’s highlights are on Pak-Up hostel’s doorstep. Just two minutes down the road are Krabi’s nightly food market and the pier to get a long boat to the stunning Railay beach. It’s also only a five-minute drive to the main pier, giving you access to the other islands or if you have a flight to catch it’s just a 30-minute ride to the airport. Ideal!
Prices: Mixed 10-Bed Dorm (Air Con) from 200 baht/night. Private Room (Air Con) from 750 baht/night.
Check out Pak-Up Hostel on Facebook.
Address: 87 Utarakit Rd. Paknam Maung Krabi 81000, Thailand.
Join Our Community
Add purpose to your travels.
Do you want to find out about free opportunities to review hostels and experiences, as well as keep up to date with the latest travel news in Southeast Asia & get special offers on trips? Thought so!
South East Asia Backpacker's Chosen Resources!
"These are the companies that we put our trust in during our travels in Southeast Asia. If you're going to book flights, hotels or buy travel insurance, please support our website by using the affiliate links below. That way, we'll receive a small commission - at no extra cost to you!" (Nikki & Dave - SEA Backpacker Editors)