The annual Bali Spirit Festival takes places this year from March 31st – April 5th in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia and looks set to be even better than last year’s extravaganza!
S.E.A Backpacker Ambassadors at last year’s event had an amazing time!
Every year the festival hosts some of the world’s most prominent teachers of meditation, yoga, music, dance, healing and health, who will be offering exclusive workshops to attendees. There are believed to be over 6,000 people from over 50 countries flocking to the cultural centre of Ubud in Bali to experience the inspiring event.
Exploring everything from Vinyasa flow yoga to traditional Chinese medicine, meridian massage, tribal fusion belly dance, Embodied Hip Hop, Vedic astrology, tantric yoga and lots more… the festival promises to be an eclectic mix of alternative and holistic practices. Also, don’t miss the ‘Dharma Fair’ with delicious healthy Indonesian food and performers daily.
The daily Dharma Fair
As a whole, the festival promotes positive changes and brings together a community of people who unite through yoga, dance and music. Raising over US$85,000 over the past 8 years, the festival gives back to loval charities, provides funding for outreach programs and donates to reforestation campaigns. So you can do your downward dog for a good cause!
Daily yoga classes of all kinds!
Live performances from Indonesian and international artists
Acoustic jam sessions!
Bali Spirit Festival 2015 Line up includes:
- Noah Maze (USA): Recognised as one of yoga’s greatest teachers, Noah’s classes have been described as a magical experience no matter what style you practice. Come and try his classes for yourself and transform your practice forever.
- Les Leventhal(USA): San Francisco’s most beloved yoga teacher will be teaching a range of Vinyasa Flow classes from beginners to advanced with variations and sequences to challenge the best of you.
- Ronan Tang (China): Combining traditional Chinese medicine, asana, meditation, Pranayama, meridian massage and more, Ronan’s classes aim to help you cultivate balance and harmony in your lives.
- Simon Borg Olivier (AUS): Co-Director of Yoga Synergy Sydney, Simon uses his profound knowledge of human anatomy and yoga physiology to bring a deeper level to his traditional Hatha based classes.
- Maryam Askari (FRA): This world-renowned Iyengar based teacher encourages her students to focus on alignment and her classes are structured to help each and every person discover their hidden strengths and believe in themselves above all else.
There’ll also be experts trained in various arts who will be running workshops and giving talks.
- Lorin Roche (USA) and Margot Anand (FRA) – Tantra Yoga, Relationships and Sexuality.
- TanishkaTantrika (AUS) – Goddess and Priestess of the Divine Feminine
- Jeffrey Amstrong (CAN) – Vedic Astrology.
- Kat Dawes (AUS) – Creator of NOWism and promoter of the Powerful Present Moment
Find out more about Yoga and Meditation in Southeast Asia here.
Photos in the article by Ulrike Reinhold Photography.