We welcome you to join us on the most incredible street food experience in Hanoi – for an unforgettable, tongue tantalising adventure!
This tour is a three-hour long experience where you’ll sample at least 15 local Vietnamese street food varieties including savoury dishes, sweet snacks and unique beverages. Our advice? Have an early and light lunch or even skip lunch on the day that you join us as you’re about to get full, very full!
The tour includes a knowledgeable English-speaking local guide who will talk as you walk and eat. You’ll make friends along the way as you sample Vietnamese culinary delights and wash it down with refreshing Bia Hoi (Hanoi’s beloved street beer).
You’ll learn about Hanoi’s unique street food culture that’s been inspired by French and Chinese cuisine, and meet the friendly chefs and street food vendors along the way. It’s a great way to explore the city and delve deeper inside Hanoi’s history and culture – through its food!
- Small Groups: 4-6 people
- Departure Times: 5.30pm, 6pm or 6.30pm every day
- Departure Location: Friends Travel Vietnam Office – 62 Hang Buom Street, Hanoi.
- Vegetarian Options Available: We actually run a separate Real Hanoi Street Food Experience for our vegetarian friends. Please state that you want a vegetarian tour at the time of booking.
- Children: Children under 9 years old are not advised to join the group tour. However, we do arrange private tours at $38 US per person.
Friends Travel Vietnam
The South East Asia Backpacker Community have tried and tested adventures across the region and handpicked a selection of only the BEST companies to work with.
Why we chose Friends Travel Vietnam?
We chose Friends Travel Vietnam because they provide experiences beyond the norm. Their trips take you off the beaten track, away from the tourist crowds and their respect for local cultures and the environment can be 100% relied on. The owners Sidney (Dutch) & Thao (Vietnamese) his wife and their team do everything they can to make sure that travellers (since 2013) have the best experience possible and we consistently hear glowing reports. Here are some reasons why we love Friends Travel Vietnam and why we think you will too:
- They think small – They take the care and attention to ensure that even the smallest of details is well thought out.
- They think local – They go to great lengths to ensure that the encounter between the traveller and the local community is beneficial to all.
- They think about the planet – An aspect of travel which is often sadly overlooked. Friends Travel Vietnam ensure that the tours they organise have a positive effect on the planet.
- They only provide tours that they would truly like to go on themselves – This carries through every aspect of the tour, the guide, the accommodation, the transport, food etc. Everything has to meet the high standards that the company themselves would demand when travelling.
- They are honest – This can refer to a number of situations. For instance, if bad weather is expected during the time that a customer has booked a tour, Friends Travel will inform them of this and make suggestions as to the ideal clothes for them to bring with them. Sometimes the accommodation provided on a certain tour is basic, in a shared room, or simple mattresses on the floor. In each of these situations, the accommodation will be good and highly appropriate for the trip in question. However, it is very important that the traveller knows what to expect.
- They only offer a small collection of tours, but they are awesome – Here at South East Asia Backpacker we are guided too by this exact philosophy. There is too much choice in this world of travel. Both we and Friends Travel Vietnam believe that by offering only the very best activities and doing them as well as humanly possible, we can ensure an amazing experience for the traveller.
- Their support continues after the tour – When you come to the end of your time with Friends Travel, they will be very happy to help you with the next stage of your journey, whatever you may need!