This popular half-day cycling experience (21km) is designed for cyclists who wish to experience Siem Reap beyond the temples and tourist traps!
This tour takes you through the picturesque paddy fields into the interiors of Siem Reap. Your friendly guide will take you off the beaten track to visit the local villages, where you can interact with villagers as they go about their day to day lives, and enjoy the beautiful landscape of Siem Reap’s countryside. (Unseen by most tourists to Siem Reap!) Travel across the dusty roads to reach the local marketplace and mingle with some of the traditional potters and rice winemakers. Take one or two sips if you like!
Siem Reap Off the Beaten Path Cycling Tour – Tour itinerary
- Morning session: 7:40am-12:00pm
- Afternoon session: 1:40pm-5:30pm
Stop 1: Paddy Fields
Our tour begins with a bike ride to Siem Reap’s sprawling rice paddy fields, where your guides will introduce you to the day-to-day routines of local farmers. Many of our guides will be able to give you an in-depth insight into this agricultural activity, having worked in the fields with their parents from a young age.
Stop 2: Handmade Baskets
On our next stop, we will take you to view handmade baskets woven by our local villagers. Get to know our weavers and learn more about this intricate craft, which is traditionally passed down from parent to child.
Stop 3: Local Market
Our third stop will be at a bustling local market, where you will be able to take in the sights and sounds of locals buying and selling produce. Discover local products not found anywhere else in the world!
Stop 4: Rice Wine
On our final stop, we will take you to a local rice wine distillery. Here, you will learn more about the processes involved in the making of rice wine as well as its use in holistic medicine. And yes – if you’re wondering – you will also get to sample a taste!
- English speaking tour guide
- Mountain bike
- Pickup and drop off from hotel
- First aid kits
- Bike maintenance
- Cold towel
- Drinking water
- Village compensation fees
What’s Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
Please note that this experience needs to be booked at least 24 hours in advance, as we need time to ensure everything is ready to ensure that you have an unforgettable experience!
- Estimated cycling distance: 21km.
- Cycling environment: Flat terrain, dirt road.
- Fitness level needed: Average.
- Guide to cyclists ratio: 1 guide to 5 cyclists.
- Safety: Our cycling guides are first-aid trained and carry a first-aid kit with them during the experience. A safety vehicle also accompanies the group on this experience.
- Riding style: Group ride, solo travellers, family, children, senior citizens. This tour is suitable for all ages.
- Children: If you have children below the age of 16 or group ride more than 5 people, please ask our customer service for special rates.