Prepare to embark on an exciting Muay Thai journey with Punch it Gym! Recognised for their meticulously crafted training programs that seamlessly weave modern and traditional techniques – Punch it Gym tailor their packages precisely to your needs, skill level, and aspirations. Whether you’re a novice, a fitness aficionado, or a battle-tested professional, they greet you with open arms the moment you set foot on the idyllic shores of Koh Samui. The accommodation, a mere 200 meters from the gym, is a tranquil sanctuary, complete with a refreshing swimming pool where you can cool off after sessions. This is your chance to begin or progress your Muay Thai journey with one of the best gyms in the country.
This package includes Muay Thai training twice a day. The training sessions are 1.5-2 hours long. The training sessions are categorised by level in order to give the best attention to students. See the schedule below.
The gym is open from Sunday-Monday and closed on Saturday. However, it is possible to arrange private Muay Thai lessons on Saturday. The price of a private lesson is 1000 THB ($30 USD) for a one-hour session. (These are also available throughout the week).
Tucked just 200 meters from Punch it Gym, the accommodation that is included in this packages offers a peaceful and convenient sanctuary. You’ll savour the cool comfort of air conditioning in a generously spacious 32-square-meter room, complete with a cozy single bed and private shower – for your absolute relaxation. There is also a rejuvenating pool to relax those weary muscles after a hard day’s training. Stay seamlessly connected with complimentary Wi-Fi or head to the sun-kissed shores of Lamai Beach, just 800 meters away.
You can select anything from the extensive menu (vegetarian and vegan options) at Punch it Healthy Café for up to 660 THB per day. (Approx $20 USD). When you start your training, you’ll receive a Punch it Gym Membership Card loaded with credit. This credit is at your disposal daily, with any unused amount seamlessly carrying over to the next day.
Punch it Healthy Cafe is open: Sunday to Friday: 07:30 am – 08:30 pm (Note: food service is not available on Saturdays which gives you chance to explore many of the island’s fantastic cafés and restaurants.)
Equipment / Gym usage
- Free use of all equipment
- Free use of hand wraps, shin guards, and boxing gloves
- Free use of the gym training facility six days a week
Location – Lamai Beach, Koh Samui, Thailand
Punch it Gym is located right next to one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches on Koh Samui, Lamai, on the east coast of the island. The area is a popular holiday destination and you will find restaurants (both Thai and international), bars, markets, spas and supermarkets nearby. The area is well known for its excellent spa and massage treatments – the perfect way to soothe those aching muscles post-training!
How to Get There:
Getting to Punch it Gym is easy. You can fly direct to Koh Samui Airport with Bangkok Airways. From the airport, it’s just a 30-minute car ride to the gym. Included in the package is free airport pick-up and drop-off. Just tell Punch it Gym your flight details and your transport will be arranged.
- Private AC accommodation with swimming pool
- 660 THB meal allowance daily (unused credit rolls over, no food service Saturday)
- 2 X Muay Thai training sessions daily (1.5-2 hours each)
- Full use of equipment
- Full use of gym
- Airport transfer
Does not include:
- Motorcycle hire (can be arranged on arrival)
- Travel insurance
The Muay Thai instructors at Punch It Gym have a wealth of experience and expertise.
- Kru Fas (Head Coach): With over four decades of experience, Kru Fas serves as the Muay Thai drill commander and organizational expert. He started his journey at the age of 8 and co-organises renowned Muay Thai events, ensuring top-notch training.
- Kru Eak (Muay Thai Coach): Boasting more than 23 years of coaching experience and over 250 fights, Kru Eak specialises in powerful kicks and knee techniques, with a remarkable winning track record.
- Kru Bao (Muay Thai Coach): Having engaged in over 300 fights, Kru Bao brings a wealth of experience to the table. He is dedicated to sharing his techniques to help individuals achieve their goals.
- Kru Boy (Muay Thai Coach): Highly knowledgeable about technique and dedicated to elevating the skills of his students, Kru Boy is a seasoned trainer who can help you excel in the sport.
- Kru Dam (Muay Thai Fighter and Coach): Kru Dam is an elite fighter with a remarkable track record in Thailand’s top leagues, including a championship fight at Rajadamnern Stadium. His martial arts skills and discipline are exemplary.
- Kru Ton (Muay Thai Fighter and Coach): Raised as a fighter and now a trainer, Kru Ton specializes in delivering powerful knees. He actively competes in the ring while passing on his technique and passion to his students.
- Kru Dream (Muay Thai Fighter and Coach): Managing both fighting and training, Kru Dream is among the top fighters in Koh Samui. He regularly competes in prestigious events at the Rajadamnern and Lumpinee Stadium.
- Kru Not (Muay Thai Fighter and Coach): Known for his joyful and humorous nature, Kru Not has a feared reputation as a fighter, with over 100 victories won through impressive kicking techniques. He remains an active and respected fighter.
- Fighter Four (Muay Thai Kid’s Coach & Fighter): Growing up in the gym, Fighter Four is already competing at a high level and is a regular participant in fights at Phetchbuncha Stadium in Koh Samui. He displays remarkable discipline and promise in his journey.
- Do I need a visa to train Muay Thai in Thailand? Regarding visas for Thailand, if you plan to train Muay Thai for less than a month, there is no need for a visa as most citizens get 30-day free entry pass upon arrival into Thailand (This depends on your nationality). If you plan to train for more than 30 days, you can get a 60-day tourist visa at a Thai Embassy before you visit Thailand. More info on Thailand visas here if you need it. More information on longer visas for Muay Thai Training here (see FAQs).
- What should I bring with me? Comfortable sports clothes that you can move in, running shoes, a small towel, refillable water bottle.
- Are there deals/discounts for couples or two friends wanting to train and stay in the same room? Yes! Please get in touch with us for reduced prices.