Muay Thai Battle Conquer Gym in Phetchabun, Thailand, offers a unique and tranquil fitness retreat far away from tourist traps. Open 365 days a year, it provides a diverse range of training from Muay Thai, Western Boxing, Yoga and CrossFit to Jungle Hikes, and Swimming. The focus on mindfulness and holistic well-being includes activities like countryside hikes, meditation with monks, and trips to local temples, waterfalls, and lakes. Unbeatable facilities include a large swimming pool, ice plunge-bath, on-site massage, beauty, and tattoo services. The package includes comfortable accommodation, healthy food, all training, and excursions, with an optional 5-day raw detox. Escape the urban chaos, immerse yourself in Thai culture, meet like-minded people from all over the world and discover your true potential on this life-changing fitness retreat!
About the Training @ Battle Conquer
Traditional Muay Thai Training
Group-training sessions twice a day Monday to Saturday, plus an afternoon group class on Sundays. The group training includes shadow boxing, bag work and one on one pad work, mixed with HIIT. Expect 3-minute rounds with an active recovery exercise, this style of training improves cardiovascular performance quickly. Once a week there are specific technique classes covering grappling and sparing.
Interested in competing? Your hosts will make sure you are fully prepared and find you a suitable opponent. The local carnival fights are a great way to show off your talents, the local Thai family (the Keawma family) have been involved in fighting, training, and promoting Muay Thai for decades and can help you get started. It’s a wonderful experience for guests too, expect to have the whole camp turn up to cheer you on!
While the focus is on traditional Muay Thai, Muay Thai Battle Conquer Gym cross-trains fighters in Western Boxing. The fighting styles complement one another and give an extra edge.
Unique and Fun Ways to Workout
Battle Conquer is not just about fitness classes and great coaching, they offer some very unique and fun ways for you to workout. They have the Buddha Run Challenge and the famous truck push which is all about functional fitness. See below for more information on the excursions that are included in your package.
*All classes / excursions are optional. The schedule is subject to change.
Accommodation is included in the package. There is a choice of standard or Premium. With on-site accommodation, you will be able to submerge yourself in the camp culture. You’ll find it vibrant and friendly yet completely cut off from the stresses of modern-day life.
Option 1: Standard
Just steps away from the Muay Thai and Weight Training Gym and just a short walk from Noi’s Cafe and the Shakti Yoga Shala, you will find Battle Conquer’s standard accommodation. If you book the standard package you will be placed in either the “Battle Lodges” or the “Shakti Lodges”, depending on availability.
Each lodge includes:
- Double bed
- Wardrobe or hanging rail with hangers
- Desk & chair
- Pillows, linens and towels
- En-suite shower room
- Hot shower
Option 2: Premium
These king sized bed rooms are perfect those who prefer a big bed or for couples. Perfectly located close to the Muay Thai Gym, weight training gym and only a short walk to Noi’s Cafe, the Shakti Yoga Shala and Holistic Studio. All saloon rooms have a swimming pool view.
Each premium saloon room includes:
- King Sized Bed
- Wardrobe or hanging rail with hangers
- Desk & chair
- Pillows, linens and towels
- En-suite shower room
- Hot shower
- Occupancy 2 Adults / 2 Adults 1 Child
Please choose your preferred accommodation at the time of booking.
Three healthy meals a day are included in the package.
If you’ve ever wondered what real, home-cooked Thai food tastes like you will find out at thex on-site cafe on the grounds of the gym, Noi’s Café. The chef serves up wholesome Thai food comprising of two or three different dishes accompanied with rice, salads and vegetables. Thai food is one of the tastiest and healthiest foods around the world and here in the farmland it’s even more nutritious. All the fresh food is carefully selected and bought from the local markets every morning. If you have any special food requirements (such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten free or food allergies) these can be catered for. Please type your requirement in the ‘additional information’ box when booking.
🥗 Optional Raw Detox: For a weight loss boost and digestive system reboot we offer a 5-day raw detox at the start of your stay, this is completely optional. Healthy meals are provided daily with fresh salads, vegetables and seasonal fruits.
Location and Excursions
Phetchabun is an off the beaten track, rural Thai province with stunning countryside and few tourists. If you want to experience the real Thailand away from the tourist traps, this is it! Battle Conquer camp is situated just a few minutes drive from the foot of the Phetchabun hills and there’s a huge lake very close by. Most guests like to run or walk through the countryside, take a plunge in the cool lake and heading out for a refreshing swim. On a Saturday guests like to chill out and order food and drinks to be brought to them by boat out into the lake.
Here are some examples of local excursions:
The Buddha Run
Take the Battle Conquer challenge of climbing three hundred steep steps to a hillside temple set in a cave as many times as you can in one hour or simply relax once you reach the top taking in the magnificent views!
Walking or Mountain Bike Trips
Being set in the middle of farmland, there is plenty of nature and countryside to see. We have two countryside walks that are very safe and at a comfortable level for all to enjoy. There’s the option to jog if you prefer a tougher workout but the walks are lovely for active recovery. You are also free to use the resident mountain bikes if you want to explore further.
Take a walk through the amazing jungle foliage to a hidden waterfall and take a dip in the cool waters! Join the resident yoga teacher for a guided meditation as you sit beneath the tumbling water.
Sunday Gym Excursions
Everyone looks forward to the Sunday rest day! There are many beautiful places to visit in Phetchabun and on Sunday, it’s time to explore. It could be the stunning Nong Pye Lake, one of Phetchabun’s largest set deep in the valley with beautiful panoramic views. Take a raft out and relax, swim, fish, and, if you’d like refreshments, it’s not a problem, simply wave a flag and you can order the most delicious food and drinks delivered to your raft. Sapailo Temple is another lovely location for a trip out with its pretty gardens and caves to explore or how about a trip to the local hot spring baths. We always try to fit in a cultural trip to meet our English-speaking Monk and learn the teachings of Buddhism and techniques for Buddhist meditation.
How to get there
Phetchabun is around a five hour drive North from Thailand’s capital, Bangkok. After arriving at Bangkok International Airport, there are two ways to get to the gym:
- Private pick up – 2900 THB. A driver will be waiting for you at airport arrivals and will bring you directly to the camp.
- First-Class Bus – Approx. 300-900 THB. Catch the first-class bus from Mochit Bus Station to Phetchabun. To get to Mochit Bus Station from BKK airport you can take a taxi, metro or skytrain. It will take about an hour.
Thai massage stands out for its exceptional benefits. This ancient technique incorporates acupressure, stretching, and rhythmic compression to alleviate muscle tension, increase flexibility, and improve circulation. Beyond physical benefits, Thai massage promotes relaxation and mental well-being, making it a holistic approach to muscle recovery. Costs are as follows:
Traditional Thai massage (60 minutes) = 200 Baht, Oil massage (60 minutes)= 300 Baht, Aloe Vera massage (60 minutes)= 350 Baht, Foot massage (6 minutes)= 200 Baht, Hot compress massage (60 minutes)= 350 Baht
There is also a salon on the grounds of the camp offering manicures, pedicures and acrylic nails.
The resident Tattoo Artist, Yo, specialises in crafting tattoos with a fusion of modern designs and the traditional Buddhist Sak Yant technique, skillfully executed with bamboo. Embrace the unique blend of contemporary and cultural aesthetics as you entrust your ink journey to Yo’s expertise. Whether you seek a modern masterpiece or a timeless Sak Yant creation, Battle Conquer’s local tattoo shop offers a personalized and culturally rich experience in the realm of body art.
- Daily healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner from Noi’s Cafe
- Twice daily Muay Thai Boxing or Western Boxing 7 days a week
- Crossfit classes
- Hiking through stunning countryside
- Swimming at a beautiful lake close by or at the local swimming pools in town
- Fishing in local ponds (equipment provided)
- Free use of mountain bike
- Air Conditioning Accommodation in en-suite twin/double room
- Free high-speed WiFi
- The Buddha Run challenge/tour
- Jungle hike
- Nature walk
- Saturday Lake Trip
- Sunday gym trip – cultural trip to meet our local monk
- Water freely available
- Coffee and Tea facility in the cafe
- Room cleaned daily
- Night market tour
- Organised fights
- 5-day raw detox (optional)
Does Not Include
- Flights to Thailand
- Transportation to the camp (private transport can be arranged for an extra fee)
- Travel Insurance
- Alcoholic drinks and snacks outside of your three meals a day
- Salon Treatments
- How long is the journey from Bangkok to the camp? It’s 3.5/4 hours by car; the bus journey is a little longer, around 5 to 6 hours.
- What are the check in and check out times? Due to the rural location check in is from 6am until 6pm.
- Will I have to share a room? Not at all, all accommodations are private lodges with private shower rooms.
- Can I arrive the day before my package starts? Absolutely! You are encouraged to arrive the day before so that you are well rested to start your programme the following day. For overnight accommodation including meal, there is a charge of 1500 THB / $45 USD.
- What equipment do I need to bring with me? We suggest the following: Boxing gloves, hand wraps, general gym clothes, swimming clothes, suitable shoes for hiking, running shoes, toiletries, travel adapter, pool towel, yoga mat.
- Is there equipment to buy at the camp? Yes. There is a fully stocked shop at the camp. All boxing gloves are top quality leather and have a own unique Battle Conquer design. All guests must have their own boxing gloves, hand wraps and yoga mats for hygiene purposes.
- Is there laundry service at the camp? Yes, clothes are washed, air dried and folded, the cost is 40 baht per kilo. Towels and bedding are provided and changed daily.
- Are massage treatments included? If you choose the Battle Conquer Wellness Muay Thai package you will have between 3 to 12 free Thai massage treatments included depending on the duration of your package (it is a little extra for oil but not so much). We offer traditional Thai massage and oil massage. If you’d like to purchase any massage treatments or you have chosen to do the Fitness Muay Thai Package the price is 200 baht for Thai massage and 300 baht for oil massage.
- How close is the nearest town? The nearest town is 10 minutes away from our camp and has everything that you would need such as ATM’s, Supermarkets, 7-11’s, Pharmacies, Markets, Coffee Shops and Restaurants as well as medical centres and hospitals.
- What visa do I need? Please see visa information for Thailand here.
- How many other guests will be there? It really depends on the season but there can be anywhere from 20/30 guests up to 50 guests. Group sizes vary from 10 to 15 up to 20 at the most.
- What is the best season to visit? The weather is great all year round; Phetchabun does not have a heavy monsoon season like other parts of Thailand. Busier months are usually November through until March.
- I have a dietary requirement, can I be catered for? Yes, if you have a specific dietary need just ask.
- Will I need travel and medical insurance? We advise that you have the correct insurances to cover your needs. See more information about travel insurance and specific Muay Thai insurance here.
To reserve your place at this camp, you need to pay a deposit online with South East Asia Backpacker via credit or debit card. The rest of the payment is due 14 days before arrival by card, or 30 days before arrival by bank transfer. You will be sent confirmation and payment details within 24 hours of your reservation on this website.