‘You don’t have to be a fighter to train like one!’ – This is the mantra of One Blue Sports Club, the premier dynamic gym and fitness club in Koh Phangan.
Travellers looking to get fit and dabble in Thailand’s ultimate combat sport need look no further than One Blue Sports Club. Located on the beautiful island of Koh Phangan, there is no better place to tone up and make friends.
For an immersive experience, train and stay packages are the way to go when it comes to learning the ancient art of Muay Thai.
One Blue Sports Club has both monthly and weekly stay programs available, all offering different levels of accommodation. Depending on your budget and your preferred comfort level, there is something for you!
Both the weekly and monthly rates include unlimited training sessions per day. The accommodation options are as follows:
- Dorm Room: This shared living arrangement includes air conditioning, access to a hot shower and a shared toilet. This the most budget-friendly and a great option for solo travellers looking to connect with their fellow Muay Thai enthusiasts!
- Bungalow: This fan option is the perfect mid-range option with access to a hot shower and a private toilet.
- Superior: The most luxurious of the accommodation provided is the superior option. There is air conditioning, a swimming pool and your own private bathroom.
Sample Training Guide
The sample training guide will change depending on your ability. This is an example of the kind of structure that your day could have in the One Blue Sports Club Muay Thai train and stay program.
- Stretches and warm-up
- Shadow boxing (aims focus on technique)
- Partner drills
- Bag/pad work with trainers
- Clinching/sparring (dependent on level)
- Stretches and cool-down
Sports Club Facilities
At the gym, there are the following facilities available for free use:
- Separate female and male shower rooms
- Changing rooms
- Water dispenser
- Equipment (including boxing gloves, shin pads and hand wraps)
Meals are not provided in these packages, however, there are a number of cheap and tasty eateries nearby. Most of these sell food for less than $2USD a dish.
As well as helping you build up your fitness, One Blue Sports Club will help you to get the most out of your time on Koh Phangan. They can provide motorbike rental for your non-training time which is undoubtedly the best way to explore the island!