Updated April 19th, 2018.
Marble Mountain is a famous Buddhist and Hindu pilgrimage site located just south of Da Nang in Central Vietnam. There are five limestone peaks, each of which is named after the five elements: Earth (Tho), Fire (Hoa), Water (Thuy), Metal (Kim) and Wood (Moc). All of the mountains are home to hidden tunnels and caves, as well as several Hindu and Buddhist grottoes…
Discover the alluring beauty of this popular sightseeing location in Da Nang on this half-day tour: the endless panoramic views, stunning caves, grottoes and pagodas hidden inside Marble Mountain. The Marble Mountain is a spectacular and beautiful sight!
TRIP ITINERARY – VIETNAM “MARBLE MOUNTAIN”
Start time: 2 pm
- At 2 pm, the tour guide will pick you up at your hotel (in Hoi An or Da Nang, please specify in the order notes section when completing the booking) then head to Marble Mountain.
- Upon arrival at Thuy Son Mountain, you will climb up the 156-step stone staircase that’s carved into the side of the mountain, leading to a Buddhist Pagoda.
- Admire the beautiful panoramic vista of the surrounding coastal countryside of Central Vietnam and the four other marble mountains.
- You will get the chance to visit the caves and pagodas as well as a number of beautiful, hidden grottoes. The statues inside the caves are also carved out of marble.
- After the mountain excursion, we will visit the stone village where skilled local sculptors create many marble products. (Marble rock extraction from the mountains was actually banned recently and now materials are brought from quarries in Quang Nam Province.)
- Pick-up and Drop-Odd back to your hotel included.
End time: 5:30 pm